Policies for Our Bed and Breakfast in Southern Vermont
We want your time at Inn Victoria to be as memorable as possible.
We provide luxurious lodging near Vermont Academy. You will quickly fall in love with our charming Victorian inn and the town of Chester. Located conveniently near Woodstock, you will find Inn Victoria to be a wonderful bed and breakfast option.
General Inn Policies
- Smoking: No smoking is permitted within the inn. Smokers who are responsible and respectful of our other guests may smoke on the front porch. For the sake of and courtesy of your neighbors and other guests, we ask that you will honor the policy. Dry cleaning and loss of the room revenue during cleaning can cost us well over $200 which, of course, will have to be charged to your credit card.
- Pets: Although we love animals, we cannot accept pets at Inn Victoria. If traveling with your pet is a must, we'll be happy to refer you to another inn that will accommodate these understandably special traveling companions.
- Damage: We accept that accidents can happen and are used to dealing with these situations with good humor. If you do have an accident, please let us know at once as it is much easier, and often less expensive, to deal with spills, etc. before the stains set in. Damage that has been concealed or found after departure will be charged at cost of repair plus any loss of income from room rental if applicable.
- Children: Although we cater predominantly to couples in search of a peaceful, romantic getaway, we do accept responsible children under careful parental care. We dearly love and enjoy children and hope to continue seeing more in our home as the years progress. Thus far we, the children, parents, and guests have enjoyed wonderful experiences through careful planning and communication. Let's work together to make this aspect of your stay a successful and relaxing one for all.
- Meals: A full, gourmet breakfast is included in the rate. We will be happy to prepare additional meals, at an additional charge, with at least 24-hour notice. We can supply menus for most local restaurants and are happy to make reservations for you. Please note: most restaurants in the area stop serving food at 9pm.
Booking & Rate Policies
- All rates are based on double-occupancy, unless otherwise noted.
- Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover are required as reservation confirmation, in the amount of one day's rate.
- A minimum stay of two nights is required on weekends.
Check-in / Check-out policies
- Arrivals: between 3 - 6 pm. If you anticipate a late arrival, please let us know in advance.
- Room vacancy and check-out: by 11am. (Necessary due to room prep time for next guests.) You are, however, very welcome to leave luggage and your car parked outside if you want to spend more time in Chester.
Cancellation / Refund Policy
- Cancellations must be made by speaking with us in person via phone and must be made 10 days prior to arrival date. (30 days are required for special events, holidays, or multiple stays).
- In the event of a late arrival or early departure, guests are still responsible for the full amount of their reserved stay. However, you will not be held responsible for any night where we can rebook your room.
- In the event of cancellation upon day of arrival, "no shows," or early departures, guests are responsible for ALL nights reserved.
Our guests’ privacy is of the utmost importance to us. During the registration process, we may collect personally identifiable information. Our server logs automatically gather information from your browser including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you visited while on our site. You can be assured that we will not share your personally identifiable information to any third parties.
When making your reservations with Inn Victoria, you can make your payments in confidence. We use secure sockets layer (SSL) software. All of your personal and payment information is encrypted, so that it remains private and secure.
Please understand our policies are a necessary part of managing a small bed and breakfast inn. Cancellations do affect us significantly as well as other guests that would otherwise enjoy the Inn Victoria experience. If you are worried about having to cancel for any reason, stay in contact with us. We will work with you to achieve an exceptional experience whether you are able to stay with us as planned or at some other time. The sooner we are able to communicate, the easier it is for all concerned.