Inn Victoria, a Chester Vermont Bed and Breakfast, sponsored a very special weekend of celebration for all lovers of Jane Austen, the Regency era, High Tea, and etiquette. The weekend of December 17 – 19, 2010 held a very special time for guests of Inn Victoria and the Hugging Bear B&B across the street. That’s right!….The Inn Victoria filled every room to capacity, thus partnered with the Hugging Bear Inn to accept more guests who wished to take part in the fun. This agenda was packed with fun.
- Pride & Prejudice on the Big Screen in the parlor (8′ X 10′)
- Two formal afternoon teas “High Tea”
- Three book reviews….one by author; Doris Nieves.
- Two breakfasts, each with five courses….yes, FIVE!
- English Christmas dinner served Saturday evening
- Actress / performer Kandie Carle, a performance of “From Corset to Gloves”
Although the Inn Victoria accommodations were filled for the weekend, several local residents of the Okemo Valley attended the High Tea and performance by Kandie Carle.. “It is our hope,” says Penny Cote, owner of Inn Victoria , “by offering the special High Tea and performance by Kandie Carle, the event will be more accessible to people in the communities surrounding Chester. Yes, we want to attract business to Chester, however we also want to encourage local communities to be involved in these special events”.
Penny and Dan Cote
Owners, Inn Victoria, a Chester Vermont Bed and Breakfast